Header image Take a look at the Hydrorks, a brand-new Doctor Who monster, in the latest reveal from Doctor Who: The Edge of Time
Revealed last month, Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time is a feature-length VR videogame that will transport fans into a globally-beloved world of aliens, mystery and wonder. Players will embark on a brand-new and fully-interactive adventure, inspired by the show’s 55-year history and starring the Doctor’s current incarnation, played by Jodie Whittaker.
This month, developer Maze Theory is proud to reveal a series of behind the scenes videos, showcasing some of the monsters which will appear in the game, as well as a developer diary chronicling their journey in bringing the universe of Doctor Who to VR.
Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time will launch on PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Vive Cosmos in September 2019. Stay tuned for further reveals!
- The weeping angels utilise a classic horror game mechanic, so the team have been excited to work with them.
- Daleks in VR are incredibly imposing. Getting up close to them, seeing the textures of the metal and reflectivity are awe-inspiring (in a terrifying kind of way!).
- Jump scares work really well in VR! They are a brilliant technique. Be warned.
- Being able to create new monsters for the show and add to the canon is hugely exciting. We’re making Doctor Who history!
- When working in VR, because people can move around, get up close and experience the monsters from any angle, it’s really important to get the quality and accuracy just right. It feels very real!
Take a look at the making of Doctor Who: The Edge of Time in the first developer diary from the team. Learn how the game aims to create an authentic experience true to the globally beloved show!
Hydrorks are brand-new and unique to Doctor Who: The Edge of Time. They are vicious amphibians, sometimes used as guards by races like the Stenza and Zygons. They are incredibly eerie, slimy and have a penchant for staring at you! These deadly carnivores have no table manners and possess a real taste for human flesh, with their hunger never being sated.
A horrific nightmare fully realised in VR for the first time. A terrifying and powerful species of quantum-locked humanoids who are as old as the universe. They appear to be ‘weeping’ because they cover their eyes so as not to get frozen for eternity by other angels. Be warned, you think you know fast and frightening? Experience them in VR.
Incredibly imposing in VR, Daleks hail from the planet Skaro and their main leader - Davros - is an evil scientist of the Kaled race. They were once Kaleds but were badly mutated from nuclear war. Davros genetically modified them, integrating them with a tank-like robotic shell and removing every emotion apart from hate. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time is a Maze Theory production for BBC Studios
Post a Comment